Kieren and his wife Sam have three kids – Charlie (6), Harry (13) and Georgia (14) – and kept their tribe well-entertained on this holiday with the wide range of activities, as well as getting some down time for themselves!
We spoke to Sam Perkins, who shared some of their family’s favourite onboard experiences – for the adults, the kids and everyone together:
Kids’ top five things to do onboard
1. Little Charlie loved going to Turtle Cove Kids’ Club and meeting new friends.
2. She also had fun at the pyjama party and dress up nights at Turtle Cove, including a talent show in The Dome on the last day.
3. The teenagers, Georgia and Harry, loved the HQ Club, in particular getting dressed for junior prom night followed by a teen disco in The Dome.
4. Swimming in the pool and hanging at the pool and deck chairs with their HQ mates was a big favourite.
5. And finally movies on the giant screen on deck.
Parents’ top five things to do onboard
1. Luke Mangan’s salt grill is a ‘must do’ romantic dinner without the kids.
2. BINGO – I became completely obsessed (Kieren preferred making new friends at the bar).
3. Reading a book or ‘nanna napping’ on the sun lounge of our balcony.
4. Relaxing in the day spa and being pampered with a hot stone or bamboo massage.
5. Working off all the extra calories we devoured at the gym or running the Forward Stairs.
Top five things to do onboard as a Family
1. Going on a cruise with another family is an excellent choice – double the fun and safety in numbers for junior safety around the boat.
2. Family dinner in the Waterfront restaurant is delicious and a great way to regroup and catch up on every one’s day.
3. Heading to the Lido deck to watch the Pacific Entertainers in the Circus.
4. Watching live stage shows in The Marquee.
5. Shore breaks around the islands are a must, especially snorkelling in the sparkling blue water. Plus the girls enjoyed having their hair braided.
Want some more ideas of ways to spend your time as a family onboard? Check out our detailed blog post on 24 hours with the Perkins family.
Leave a comment below and let us know what your kids enjoyed most on their latest cruise holiday.