Ever been covered in mosquito bites during or after a holiday? It can really ruin a good night's sleep if you're itching and scratching. Here are a few of the 40 remedies put together by tipnut.com.
- Rub a bar of soap over the itch. I just tried this (Ivory soap) and the relief was near instant. I used a dry bar of soap directly on the skin, but I also have notes that you can spritz bite with water and then run bar of soap over area–or use a wet bar of soap.
- Place a piece of scotch tape on the bite; or dab rubbing alcohol or ammonia on the area first then stick on a piece of tape.
- Nail polish
- Strong tea mixed with rubbing alcohol
- Toothpaste (works for me)
- Vinegar (apply directly to bite or take a hot bath with 2 cups of vinegar in the water)
- Underarm deodorant (solid or roll-on) – apply directly to skin
- Baking Soda & water
- Meat Tenderizer & water
- Salt & water
- Aspirin: crush then apply a few drops of rubbing alcohol